Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
All you need is string cheese and wonton wrappers and oil. Perfect to serve with wine as an appetizer or for children along with peeled sliced apples. Cool for the children. I serve with fish hobo bags.
- Lay out wonton wrappers on damp kitchen towels.
- Place a piece of cut string cheese in the middle. A pinch of dill weed if you like. Bring up two sides and dampen sides with a little water and seal together.
- Bring up the other two sides and dampen with water and press into the sealed sides.
- You may give a little twist if you like.
- Place on tray.
- Note: You may refrigerate until time to fry.
- Preheat oil to 375*.
- Fry until golden brown. Take out with slotted spoon and place on paper towels.
- Place on a serving dish or tray.
- Preheat oven 250* to keep warm before serving. Make sure the serving container is heat proof.
Fabulous appetizer that takes the time consuming preps I am used to, to the cleaners. Thanks for a gr8 recipe for a gr8 snack