Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve topped with your favorite marinara sauce. Sprinkle some dried oregano on top. Garnish with fresh basil.
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons flat leaf parsley, fresh
- 10 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh crushed
- Slice the mozzarella cheese into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a small bowl beat eggs.
- Mix in salt and pepper to flour.
- Mix in garlic powder and parsley to bread crumbs.
- Coat each slice of cheese with the flour mixture.
- Dip into the beaten eggs.
- Coat with the bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry cheese around two minutes on each side. Drain on a paper towel.
We love fresh mozerella, and fried up with some tomato sauce atop after frying, made for a wonderful afternoon snack. Thanks for sharing the recipe.