Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The name is much more complicated then it really is. My kids love this and request this often.
Make and share this Mousse Au Chocolat a L'orange recipe from Food.com.
- In a double boiler, melt the chopped chocolate with 3/4 cup water.
- Remove from the heat and whisk the chocolate until smooth.
- Add the orange zest and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat the egg yolks again lightly with a whisk and add them, a little at a time, to the cooled chocolate, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Beat the whites until firm peaks form.
- Vigorously beat a large dollop of the whites into the chocolate mixture, then beat in the nuts and grated chocolate.
- Gently fold the remaining whites into the mixture.
- Carefully spoon the mousse into tall dessert glasses and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with unsweetened whipped cream.