Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
The name is much more complicated then it really is. My kids love this and request this often.
Make and share this Mousse Au Chocolat a L'orange recipe from Food.com.
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 orange, zest of
- 10 egg yolks, beaten until slightly foamy
- 10 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- unsweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- In a double boiler, melt the chopped chocolate with 3/4 cup water.
- Remove from the heat and whisk the chocolate until smooth.
- Add the orange zest and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat the egg yolks again lightly with a whisk and add them, a little at a time, to the cooled chocolate, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Beat the whites until firm peaks form.
- Vigorously beat a large dollop of the whites into the chocolate mixture, then beat in the nuts and grated chocolate.
- Gently fold the remaining whites into the mixture.
- Carefully spoon the mousse into tall dessert glasses and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with unsweetened whipped cream.