1 hr 5 mins
The name is much more complicated then it really is. My kids love this and request this often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a double boiler, melt the chopped chocolate with 3/4 cup water.
- 2Remove from the heat and whisk the chocolate until smooth.
- 3Add the orange zest and let cool to room temperature.
- 4Beat the egg yolks again lightly with a whisk and add them, a little at a time, to the cooled chocolate, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- 5Beat the whites until firm peaks form.
- 6Vigorously beat a large dollop of the whites into the chocolate mixture, then beat in the nuts and grated chocolate.
- 7Gently fold the remaining whites into the mixture.
- 8Carefully spoon the mousse into tall dessert glasses and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- 9Serve with unsweetened whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mousse Au Chocolat a L'orange
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 157.3 mg
- Sodium 62.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of