Recipe by Mrs B
Sifting through my recipe box files for Zaar World Tour 2005, I was surprised to discover that I’ve saved three different recipe articles on Moroccan Cuisine over the years. All from my old favourite; the Sainsbury’s magazine. This one has been lurking un-tested since July 2001. Time to give it an airing! Cooking time is resting time.
Top Review by Glori-B
What a lovely recipe with simple ingredients and an elegant flavor! I will make these regularly, I'm sure. Frozen sliced peaches make it easy and available all year round! Thank you Mrs. B for sharing!
- 8 large peaches, ripe
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 8 teaspoons rose water
- fresh mint leaves, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the peaches (dip them in boiling water for a few seconds if the skin is reluctant to come away easily); cut each one in half round the circumference, then twist the halves apart and remove the stones.
- Slice the peaches into a serving bowl, sprinkle with sugar and rosewater then cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours to let the flavours develop.
- Serve decorated with mint leaves.