Goes well with Moroccan Fried Eggplant.
Make and share this Moroccan Fried Whiting recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the cumin, turmeric, paprikas, and 1/2 tsp pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the fish with about 2 tsp of the spice mixture and a little salt if desired. The fish can be covered overnight or cooked immediately.
- When ready to fry, lightly coat the fish in flour, shake off the excess, and lay in a single layer on a tray.
- Pour enough oil in a frying pan to coat the bottom and heat over medium heat.
- Cook the fish in batches, turning only once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the fish to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with lemon wedges.