Recipe by dicentra
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. “In Morocco, this popular sauce is often used as a topping for cooked vegetables, such as green beans, cauliflower or carrots…”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes, paprika, and cumin. Mashing tomatoes down with a fork, cook, stirring occasionally, 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cilantro and parsley. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook until most of the liquid evaporates, 15-20 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and vinegar. Cover and cook until heated through, 4-5 minutes.