Sautéed diced potatoes or hash brown potatoes are usually used as a base for a morning skillet, but I created a low-GI version for people who need to control their blood sugar levels. This recipe is versatile. You can use any vegetables you like or you have in your refrigerator and add some protein. I used edamame for protein, but you can also use tofu or animal protein if you eat it. I used a mild cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese mix, but you can use other types of cheese as well. For more healthy, gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Sauté all the vegetables and protein starting from harder ones and gradually adding softer ones that cook faster.
- Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- When all the vegetable and protein are cooked, sprinkle cheese on top and cover until the cheese is melted.
- If you are going to use an egg, prepare it any way you like.
- Carefully transfer the cooked food to a plate and place the egg on top (if using).
- Sprinkle paprika on top. Infuse love and serve!