Recipe by mollypaul
The perfect sweet end to a meal. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time is approximate
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 12 drops peppermint oil or 12 drops wintergreen oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sugar and water to 238F or until a small amount forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water.
- Add peppermint, remove from stove and beat until it thickens.
- Drop from a spoon in thin patties on buttered wax paper.
- If wintergreen is used, tint with red or green food coloring.