Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Really good appetizer. Serve alongside fruit and cheeses.
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cheese and butter in bowl of food processor. Pulse and scrape down sides of bowl until mixture is smooth. Add Add flour, salt and red pepper and pulse until combined. Add walnuts and pulse just until mixed.
- Remove dough from bowl and form into two logs, 1 1/2-inch in diameter and 20 inch long. Wrap logs in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Slice each chilled log into 1/4-inch thick slices. Bake on cookie sheet 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve at room temperature. Store in airtight container.