Recipe by gailanng
The favorited Monterey Chicken on a toasted roll. A hot sandwich, casual but tasty, that would be neat served watching a sports game.
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (or slices)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- mayonnaise (optional)
- 2 kaiser rolls or 2 onion rolls, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet melt the butter and cook chicken for 3-4 minute on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Top each with barbecue sauce, bacon and cheese. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and green onions.
- To assemble, slide prepared chicken onto a roll. Top with sliced avocado and a smear of mayonnaise.