Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Melts in your mouth, chewing optional! I've tried a few different recipes, but Mom knows best (but don't tell her!)
- 2 cups butter (do not substitute)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 60 maraschino cherries, halved (to garnish) (optional)
- Beat all ingredients together using an electric mixer for 10 minutes.
- Roll into balls and drop on a cookie sheet.
- Press with a fork to flatten.
- (optional) Indent the center of each cookie with the tip of your thumb. Garnish with cherries or your choice as desired.
- Bake at 325F for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned on the bottoms (do not overcook).
- Enjoy! Even better when slightly warm.