Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
By Susan Wolf
- 1 (28 ounce) canprogresso crushed tomatoes
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 20 dashes fresh ground pepper (20 grinds)
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano, to taste (can use less)
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for several hours to let the flavors mingle. The longer it sits the hotter it will get.
This is a good salsa! We only felt that it could use a bit less cumin since that was a somewhat overpowering flavor in it. We did opt for the 1 T. Simple to make, and this produces a nice large amount so great for making ahead and storing in your fridge for a while. Our jalapenos must not have been very hot since this was a pretty mild salsa.