Recipe by Lisa1
This was my mom's favorite cookie recipe. In fact, I don't remember her making any other cookies (besides chocolate chip). I think the "rocks" are the walnuts. I'm totally guessing at the "time to make" and number of cookies it makes because I bake cookies even less frequently than Mom did. Please feel free to correct
- 2 cups seedless raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put raisins in a large sauce pan. Add enough water to the pan to cover the raisins.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add baking soda to pan and let cool. Drain when cool.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add salt, eggs, spices, vanilla, flour, walnuts, and drained raisins. Mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees apx 12 minutes per batch.