Recipe by Bec
I found this recipe out of the blue-we tried it and loved it! If you want it to look a little more 'fresh', just boil the 2 cups water first, and let the noodles soak for a minute or two, and pour the noodles (and water) into the pan like before. (you need the water!) Also, it is very easy to double for large groups! (Which is what we have to do just to feed our family of 8!)
Top Review by Bec
Hey! I posted this! Just tonight (3/18/03) I made this and, since we only had a pound of ground beef, I double the whole recipe except for the beef. This still made enough food for the 7 of us that had it! I thought that this was cool, and decided to share it...I love it!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups egg noodles, dry
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans vegetable soup (or one family size-we like the one with alphabet noodles!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add: 2 cups dry egg noodles, 2 cups water, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer until noodles are done.
- Add the veggie soup, and continue simmering until done.
- I made this again last night, and I made it so it wasn't quite "on strike," but it was still a quick dinner. I doubled the recipe, but not the ground beef. I used bow tie noodles, about a half of a box and cooked them separately until fully cooked. I also added a chopped green pepper (cooked) about 1/2 cup of frozen corn, and a 1/2 cup of frozen peas. This almost made a whole new dish, very good with the fresh ingredients. I will probably do it this way from now on! Bec