1/2 Photos of Mom's Nutmeg Sugar Cookies
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
This recipe came from a website I found on the internet, but don't remember which one. I made a huge batch of these today and they turned out really good. I am giving them to friends and family for the most part since they contain sugar, eggs and butter, something I try not to eat. You can make the sour milk by putting 1 tbsp. of lemon juice into a cup of milk and let it sit for 5 mintues. I didn't include the chilling time for the dough in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Let the butter and eggs come to room temperature.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together in a standing mixer. You want a nice light yellow fluffy mixture. Add eggs and mix well after each egg.
- 3In another bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add it to the butter/sugar/egg mixture alternating with the sour milk. Refrigerate the dough until its stiff.
- 4I left mine over night but a couple of hours would probably be ok.
- 5Roll the cookies out on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch. Cut out with decorative shapes.
- 6Bake at 350'F for 10 minutes.
- 7DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- 8You can frost these once they are cool, or sprinkle them with sugar before you bake them.
- 9This makes a lot of cookies, so share them with your friends and family.
- 10Make sure the cookies are totally cooled before putting them in a tin.
- 11Bon Appetit.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Nutmeg Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.3
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 406.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 59.4 g
- Protein 13.3 g