Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This recipe dates back many years. My mom and aunt made this and possibly someone is searching for it to bring back fond childhood memories.
- 1⁄2 lb graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1⁄2 lb marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine ½ of the crumbs with dates, marshmallows, nuts, whipped cream and vanilla.
- Place mixture on a large piece of wax paper.
- Shape into a roll about 3” in diameter.
- Coat with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Firmly wrap up roll.
- Chill 12 hours or longer.
- Serve in ¾-inch slices topped with whipped cream.