Top Review by Sandra F. Jones
Hi I wanted to let you know that I am an Extension Nutrition Educator for our County and I used Mom's Fruit Salad Recipe #19450 in one of my classes and my class just loved it. Then we discussed what else you could add to the recipe and came up with some ideas. Like walnuts, pecans, raisins, peaches and so forth, but we all loved it!!! Thank you Sandra F. Jones
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb seedless grapes, halved
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1 can mandarin orange, well drained (may use fresh oranges)
- 2 golden delicious apples, cut in chunks
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 pint fresh whipping cream
- almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare fruits and put all together in a large bowl.
- Mix whipping cream with 6 tsp of sugar and 1/4 tsp almond extract.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of cherry juice to make it a pretty pink and give it extra flavor.
- Add marshmallows and whipped cream to fruit and chill until ready to serve.