Recipe by canarygirl
My mom taught me how to make one of the best beef roasts ever! It's super easy to make, and really is wonderful. The roast will make a delicious gravy too--so make sure to make some mashed potatoes to go with it!
- 3 lbs roast (I use whatever...round, pot roast....whatever is on sale!)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in roaster pan and sprinkle with vinegar, pepper, garlic powder and the onion soup mix.
- Cover roaster and bake at 325º-350º for at least 3-4 hours.
- The last hour of cooking I remove the lid to brown the roast a bit.
- Then with the drippings, I make gravy (remove roast and cover with foil. Heat the drippings on the stove over fairly high heat. Add more water if necessary, and bring to a boil. Whisk in a slurry of flour and water (fairly thick) stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Adjust salt and pepper.).