Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mom has served this hard sauce over Christmas pudding for the past 50 years. What she may not know, is that every time we went by the stove and stirred it, we added another dash of brandy. It was the only alcohol allowed in the house.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy
- In a saucepan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and boil until thick.
- Add cherry brandy-- every time you walk by.
Had a great turkey dinner with company this weekend, and I decided to make a Carrot Pudding. This sauce topped it wonderfully. Thanks for the new family recipe.