Recipe by buzzonesbirdie
I made this tonight when my kids and b/f asked what was for dinner, and there was nothing in the house (I badly need to go shopping) but as I work I was waiting for tomorrow (sat). Well I threw this together and everyone loved it.
- 6 ounces olives, sliced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes (I used Italian style)
- 1⁄2 ounce of knorr pesto sauce mix or 1⁄2 ounce premade pesto sauce
- 10 ounces pasta (I used Gemelli but use what you like)
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Start water for pasta and cook pasta (follow directions on package).
- Brown chicken in large skillet with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add pesto mix, water, oil(leave out water and oil if using premade pesto) stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes and olives.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- If sauce is done before pasta then turn it off and cover it will stay hot enough.
- When pasta is done drain and stir together with sauce.
- Serve with salad and bread.
- ENJOY !