Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Old Fashion cookie ... great w/ a pot of tea.
Make and share this Molasses Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4-3 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- flour (Enough so you can handle dough)
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Beat egg and sugar together.
- Add shortening and beat.
- In another bowl, pour hot water over baking soda.
- Add molasses and vanilla to hot water mixture.
- Add wet to dry mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.