1/1 Photo of Mojo Picon (Garlic Sauce)
This dish comes from the Canary Islands. It is a staple there, and goes with just about everything! Try it with "papas arrugadas" (small boiled potatoes with salt and lemon) for a Canary Island specialty! Delicious! It keeps well in the refrigerator, and is even better after a day or two. Serve at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a mortar and pestle, mash cumin, garlic, and chilis with salt.
- 2The mixture should be mashed well.
- 3Add paprika, vinegar and oil, and continue to blend.
- 4Add bread crumbs and mash.
- 5Gradually add water until desired consistency is reached.
- 6Serve with Spanish cheese (Majorero is nice), or over boiled potatoes, with crusty french bread, on fried fish, Anything goes!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mojo Picon (Garlic Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g