Wrinkled Potatoes (Papas Arrugadas)
These rather dry little potatoes are served with almost every meal on the Canary Islands. They use a small potao with a light brown skin, but unless you have access to a specially market, use golf-ball size red or white new potatoes. Large grained sea salt is the secret. Serve with Mojo Rojo or Mojo Verde ( see recipes I've posted). Very simple recipe for beginner cook. From Eating Well.
- Ready In:
- Place potatoes in a large sauce pan and add just enough water so potatoes are not completely covered.
- Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook at a lively simmer until potatoes are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan and place over low heat.
- Shake the pan until a light crust forms on the potatoes, about 1 minute.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this! Not quite five stars, as it's "only" some boiled potatoes, but at the same time, it's a beautiful accompaniment to any mediterranean dish (fish/meat/salad in a tomatoey/herby sauce). You'll especially appreciate this if you've been on your hols to Lanzarote and want to relive some of the memories. Me and my girlfriend have enjoyed these with some chicken and some mojo rojo. Now all that's missing is a balcony and the sunshine!Sadly not present in Manchester, England at the moment!Reply