1/1 Photo of Moist Pumpkin Spice Bread
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This may be the most delicious pumpkin bread recipe I've ever baked. I came up with this for my brother's 18th birthday and it has been devoured in just two days. I believe the applesauce in the recipe is what makes it so ooey-gooey moist. It's also low in fat as the applesauce replaces the oil that would normally be used. The recipe makes two loaves, one of which can be frozen or given to a friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and dust with a little flour.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin, applesauce, sugar, water, and eggs until well blended.
- 4Measure the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt, into a separate bowl and stir until combined.
- 5Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.
- 6Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- 7Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Allow bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pans.
- 9Slice and serve plain, buttered, or with cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Pumpkin Spice Bread
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 235.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 2.9 g