Cook1 hr 10 mins
This may be the most delicious pumpkin bread recipe I've ever baked. I came up with this for my brother's 18th birthday and it has been devoured in just two days. I believe the applesauce in the recipe is what makes it so ooey-gooey moist. It's also low in fat as the applesauce replaces the oil that would normally be used. The recipe makes two loaves, one of which can be frozen or given to a friend.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and dust with a little flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin, applesauce, sugar, water, and eggs until well blended.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt, into a separate bowl and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Slice and serve plain, buttered, or with cream cheese.