1 hr 15 mins
Lacy S.'s Note:
I found this recipe on the Land O' Lakes website, so of course they suggest using Land O' Lakes butter. It doesn't matter what brand of butter you use, as long as you use butter and not margarine. Also I have used this frosting for other cakes, like a banana cake and it is outstanding. The frosting makes the cake! One more thing, don't try to make this frosting in the microwave. It is not hard at all to do on the stove top, and you have to do it that way to achieve the "browned" effect. I am so excited! This is such a yummy cake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Cream sugar and butter in a separate bowl.
- 4When sugar and butter is smooth, mix in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.
- 5Add flour to this mixture slowly and mix until combined.
- 6Pour into a greased bundt pan or a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- 7Place in oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven and cool cake COMPLETELY.
- 9While cake is cooling, place the butter for the frosting in a saucepan.
- 10Melt over med heat slowly. If it is sizzling, turn down the heat slightly.
- 11Continue to cook the butter until it becomes rich brown in color, it will be foamy and bubble.
- 12Remove from the heat and pour into a glass bowl. Cool COMPLETELY.
- 13When the butter has completely cooled, mix in the powdered sugar at little at a time until it is totally incorporated. Also mix in the vanilla.
- 14At a medium speed, mix in the milk until it is at a consistency you like.
- 15Spread frosting on your cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Butter Cake With Browned Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 319.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 46.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g