Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 hrs
Quick sauerbraten, very good!! Try it with boiled potatoes and purple sauerkraut.
Make and share this Mock Sauerbraten recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine italian dressing, 1 cup water, bay leaves, cloves, peppers and ginger.
- Add meat, turning to coat, cover and marinate in refrigerator about 24 hours turning occasionally or put marinade and meat into a large zip bag, push air out and seal.
- In a large dutch oven, brown meat, add marinade.
- Simmer covered 2 hours or until tender.
- Strain liquid from meat into medium saucepan and combine with 1/2 cup water and gingersnaps, Cook stirring constantly until smooth.
- Drizzle over meat slices or serve separately.
I think the 'purple' Sauerkraut is called red cabbage :)