Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 hrs
Quick sauerbraten, very good!! Try it with boiled potatoes and purple sauerkraut.
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup water
- 6 bay leaves
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 peppercorns
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 lbs rump roast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled gingersnaps
- In a large bowl, combine italian dressing, 1 cup water, bay leaves, cloves, peppers and ginger.
- Add meat, turning to coat, cover and marinate in refrigerator about 24 hours turning occasionally or put marinade and meat into a large zip bag, push air out and seal.
- In a large dutch oven, brown meat, add marinade.
- Simmer covered 2 hours or until tender.
- Strain liquid from meat into medium saucepan and combine with 1/2 cup water and gingersnaps, Cook stirring constantly until smooth.
- Drizzle over meat slices or serve separately.
I think the 'purple' Sauerkraut is called red cabbage :)