26 hrs 15 mins
Quick sauerbraten, very good!! Try it with boiled potatoes and purple sauerkraut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine italian dressing, 1 cup water, bay leaves, cloves, peppers and ginger.
- 2Add meat, turning to coat, cover and marinate in refrigerator about 24 hours turning occasionally or put marinade and meat into a large zip bag, push air out and seal.
- 3In a large dutch oven, brown meat, add marinade.
- 4Simmer covered 2 hours or until tender.
- 5Strain liquid from meat into medium saucepan and combine with 1/2 cup water and gingersnaps, Cook stirring constantly until smooth.
- 6Drizzle over meat slices or serve separately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Sauerbraten
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.8
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 731.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 48.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: