Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
My children always want cheese sticks when we go out to eat, so we came up with a quick and simple rendition of our own for home.
- 24 egg roll wraps
- 24 mozzarella string cheese, sticks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- oil, for deep fat frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a little dish.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on your work surface with a point facing you.
- Place a piece of cheese near the bottom corner.
- Sprinkle a pinch of seasoning mix over cheese stick and wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner of wrapper over cheese; roll up just until cheese is enclosed.
- Fold sides of wrapper over top.
- Using a pastry brush or your finger, wet the top corner of the wrapper with water.
- Roll up tightly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese sticks.
- In a large skillet heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry sticks a few at a time for 1 minute, or until golden; turning occasionally.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce.