I tried this technique for cooking potatoes when I'd intended to make twice baked potatoes. I put the potatoes in the oven, got sidetracked, and forgot to turn the oven on. Ooops. Turned into a delicious accident. My husband loves these and calls them fried baked potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the potatoes.
- 2Score each potato lengthwise on one side, you'll be cutting them in half along this line after pre-cooking.
- 3Microwave the potatoes 4 to 6 minutes to start the cooking process.
- 4Do not fully cook them.
- 5Slice the pre-cooked potatoes in half lengthwise and make 1/2" deep cross cuts on the open face of each half.
- 6(Like tic tac toe marks).
- 7Sprinkle the potatoes generously with garlic salt and your favorite seasoning to taste.
- 8Place face down in a skillet with butter or olive oil.
- 9Cook on medium heat about 6 minutes until lightly browned.
- 10Turn and cook another 3 to 5 minutes to crisp the skin a bit.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mock Baked Potato
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 47.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g