Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I tried this technique for cooking potatoes when I'd intended to make twice baked potatoes. I put the potatoes in the oven, got sidetracked, and forgot to turn the oven on. Ooops. Turned into a delicious accident. My husband loves these and calls them fried baked potatoes.
- 4 medium potatoes, skins on
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic salt (to taste)
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix or your own favorite seasoning, mix
- sour cream (optional garnish)
- chives (optional garnish)
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Score each potato lengthwise on one side, you'll be cutting them in half along this line after pre-cooking.
- Microwave the potatoes 4 to 6 minutes to start the cooking process.
- Do not fully cook them.
- Slice the pre-cooked potatoes in half lengthwise and make 1/2" deep cross cuts on the open face of each half.
- (Like tic tac toe marks).
- Sprinkle the potatoes generously with garlic salt and your favorite seasoning to taste.
- Place face down in a skillet with butter or olive oil.
- Cook on medium heat about 6 minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn and cook another 3 to 5 minutes to crisp the skin a bit.
Excellent fast dish.Perfect after a long work day and you want a hearty meal in a short period of time. You can add cooked crumbled bacon, cheese, and sliced olives if you wish! Thanks for posting!
Oh my - a delish accident indeed! What a creative way to make microwave-baked potatoes. I also added some melted chedder to this. YUM-O!!!