Recipe by TheDancingCook
Chocolate and toffee; a definite satisfaction to a chocolate lovers cravings. If serving in a trifle bowl (looks great!), I would double the recipe to fill your average trifle bowl. This recipe is courtesy of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking March/April 2003 edition. The cook time includes the brownie baking time.
Top Review by Shari2
I made this for Christmas Eve to take to my BIL's house and it was great. I used Mirj's Super Fudgy Triple Chocolate Espresso Brownies(#41985) and it was great. This is a very rich dessert but so good and easy to put together.
- 5 cups baked brownies, cubed, about 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope chocolate mousse mix
- 12 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag English toffee bits (Skor or Heath Bar)
- grated chocolate, for garnish
- chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- broken pretzel, for garnish (optional)
- hot fudge, drizzled, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If baking a boxed brownie mix, prepare and bake according to directions on box, I have used Toffee brownies and peanut butter brownies, cool and cube.
- Place 1/2 of cubed brownies in a 2 quart serving bowl.
- Prepare mousse mix according to directions.
- (mousse mix is found as a box mix in the pudding/jello section of grocer).
- Spread 1/2 of this over brownie layer.
- Top with 1/2 of whipped cream and sprinkle with the toffee bits.
- Repeat the layers once and sprinkle with grated chocolate, chopped nuts, broken pretzels, hot fudge.
- Refrigerate until serving.