Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
We make these for Valentine's Day. They are very easy to make and would are fun family project.
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur (optional)
- 10 -12 large strawberries, with stems
- In the top of a double boiler melt chocolate with coffee and liqueur over gently simmering water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Holding the stem of a strawberry, dip bottom half in chocolate.
- Set on wax paper lined plate and refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Thank you for the great idea. It is an interesting alternative to regular chocolate dipped strawberries.
I had 20 guests at my house and made these to go along with Strawberry Lemonade,Strawberry Pretzel Dessert and Almond Cream Strawberries. I got such great reviews for these chocolate dipped strawberries. I did have to make a small adjustment. I doubled the recipe and needed to add more coffee to keep the chocolate at the right consistency. I brewed strong coffee in a custard cup and keep it by the stove and when the chocolate began to thicken up I just added 1 teaspoon of brewed coffee as needed. Thanks for a fabulous recipe. A real keeper