Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This true chocolate indulgence goes great with a romantic evening for two.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag dark chocolate, hearts (Dove brand unwrapped)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) box brownie mix, plus
- 1 egg (as called for on box of mix you choose)
- water (as called for on box of mix you choose)
- oil (called for on box of mix you choose)
- 1 cup whipped cream, ping
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of the spring form pan with wax paper; grease.
- Add the melted butter to the Graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until firm, approximately 35-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mocha frosting: whisk the egg whites and sugar together over simmering water until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and, using an electric mixer, beat until cooled.
- Add the butter, one nugget at a time, while continuing to beat.
- Dissolve the instant espresso in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Beat the espresso into the butter cream.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with the butter cream mixture.
- Snip a small corner of a resealable plastic bag and place the whipped cream inside.
- Pipe 8 rosettes around the outside edges of the cake.
- Place an unwrapped DOVE® Brand Rich Dark Chocolate Heart on top of each rosette.
- When ready to serve, place 8 unwrapped DOVE® Brand Rich Dark Chocolate Hearts in a small resealable plastic bag.
- Microwave until melted, about 15 seconds.
- Cut a corner of the bag, and randomly drizzle the chocolate on the dessert plates.
- Place a cake wedge on each plate and serve.