Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful chewy "blonde" brownie for coffee lovers
Make and share this Mocha Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 532.32 ml packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml instant espresso or 29.58 ml instant coffee powder
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter over medium-low heat. Cook until butter is melted. Dissolve espresso/coffee powder in hot water and stir into butter mixture. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into cooled butter mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Grease 11x7 baking pan. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
These are super yummy and SOOOOO rich. You definitely only need a bite to feel like you've indulged. I subbed half milk and half white chocolate chips, but otherwise made as directed. The only problem I had was that even after 40 minutes in the oven, the brownies were still really underdone, but as I didn't want to overbake them I took them out and let them cool. They solidified enough to cut, but in the future I will leave them in longer.
Holy Cow! These are really good - and really rich. I made a pan yesterday morning and they're going fast. Thanks.