Recipe by huskerlayd
A wonderful chewy "blonde" brownie for coffee lovers
Top Review by under12parsecs
These are super yummy and SOOOOO rich. You definitely only need a bite to feel like you've indulged. I subbed half milk and half white chocolate chips, but otherwise made as directed. The only problem I had was that even after 40 minutes in the oven, the brownies were still really underdone, but as I didn't want to overbake them I took them out and let them cool. They solidified enough to cut, but in the future I will leave them in longer.
- 2 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso or 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter over medium-low heat. Cook until butter is melted. Dissolve espresso/coffee powder in hot water and stir into butter mixture. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into cooled butter mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Grease 11x7 baking pan. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.