Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Looking for an easy and impressive last-minute gift? Package one or more batches of this coffee- and chocolate-flavored drink mix in clear cellophane bags and tie with festive ribbons. Include instructions so your java-loving friends can whip up a great mocha sensation.
- 3⁄4 cup instant coffee creamer
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup instant coffee crystals
- 2⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- shaved semisweet chocolate (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine creamer, brown sugar, coffee crystals, and chocolate pieces.
- Package prettily for giving or store mixture in a tightly covered container.
- Mixing Instructions:.
- pour 2/3 cup boiling water in a blender container.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mix.
- Cover tightly; blend until well combined and frothy, (Or beat with a wire whisk or electric mixer).
- Pour into a mug.
- If desired, top with shaved chocolate.
- Makes 2 cups mix.
Great afternoon pick me up! I really enjoyed the combination of flavors in this coffee mix. I used almond milk and it was so good. Instead of sugar, used a bit of sugar-free Torani's French vanilla syrup. After I finish my half gallon. It was great! Thanks so much!..PRMR 2013....Grpa
Very good. I cut the recipe down making what it said was 1 serving (but was actually 3--I ended up with 3/4 c of the mixture). Next time I will try to find Milk Chocolate mini chips (if they even have them-never looked for them)The semi-sweet had a bit of a bite to it for my tastes....but that could just be my tastes...I prefer milk chocolate. Reviewed this for Fall 07 Photo tag.
Not as good as mocha au lait made from fresh coffee and real cream, but good for instant. Would be nice to take along on camping trips. Thanks for sharing.