Recipe by maui-dream
I put this recipe together off the top of my head with the ingredients I had on hand and came up with a tasty treat. It tastes just like something you would order from a specialty coffee house. You can adjust the ingredients to the way you like it. I personally like my coffee sweet. It's up to you- have some fun with it. My mother likes to put a drop or two of peppermint extract in hers. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon hot chocolate powder
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 2⁄3 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mapleine extract (imitation maple flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 packets Sweet 'n Low (or 3 tsp. sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hot chocolate mix and milk together in microwave safe mug.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave on high for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add fresh brewed coffee and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and mapleine extracts, sweetener, and half and half.
- Stir and enjoy.