Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT6. Adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor's website. Looks like a delicious refreshing summer salad! Mix of sweet fruits and spicy peppers! *Note: If you don't have access to muskmelon, I would substitute with cantaloupe or honeydew melon, they're all in the same family.
- 1⁄4 small pineapple
- 1⁄4 small watermelon
- 2 medium pears
- 2 medium apples
- 2 medium green apples
- 1⁄4 small muskmelon
- 1 large star fruit
- 2 small plums, quartered
- 4 -5 strawberries, halved
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- black salt, to taste
- 3 fresh red chilies, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chat masala
- Cut pineapple, watermelon, pears, apples, green apples, melon into one inch sized pieces. Halve the star fruit and then slice thinly. Take all the cut fruits in a big bowl.
- Roast cumin seeds and grind coarsely with black salt in a mortar with a pestle. Remove into a bowl.
- Grind together fresh red chilies, green chillies, coriander leaves and mint leaves in the mortar with a pestle.
- Add lemon juice, lime juice and grind again.
- Add the black salt and roasted cumin seed powder and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the fruit bowl.
- Add chaat masala. Mix well and serve.