Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe (slightly altered) from http://www.incredibleegg.org/. You can size it up or down, and personalize the ingredients however you'd like. The recipe calls for 1 cup of "filling", which can be any combination of cooked meat, seafood or poultry, cheese, vegetables and/or cooked pasta or grains. Chop the filling into fairly small and make sure it's well-drained. To make fewer or more servings: Adjust the amounts of filling, liquid, seasonings and the pan size proportionally to the number of eggs used. For 2 eggs, use a 6-inch pan; for 6 eggs, use an 8- or 10-inch pan; for 8 eggs, use a 10- to 12-inch pan.
- Beat eggs, liquid, and seasonings in medium bowl until blended. Add filling; mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and pour in egg mixture. Cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, 5 to 10 minutes. Or, if your skillet doesn't have a lid, set the skillet under the broiler very briefly (this is what I did) until the eggs are set.
- Optional: Sprinkle with shredded cheese, bread crumbs or crushed chips and heat (on the stove or under the broiler) until the cheese is melted or topping is lightly browned.
- Slide the frittata onto a plate and cut into wedges.