This is so much easier than the traditional MS mud cake recipes and tastes just as good. The shortcut is using brownie mixes for the base. Very rich!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (19 1/2 ounce) packages brownie mix
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1Prepare brownie mixes according to package directions, stirring in chopped pecans.
- 2Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 3While brownie mix is baking combine powdered sugar, milk, butter and cocoa. Beat all ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 4When brownie mix cake is done, remove from oven.
- 5Top warm cake evenly with marshmallows.
- 6Return to oven and bake 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and drizzle chocolate frosting over warm cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mississippi Mud Cake - Shortcut Version
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.8
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 348.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 51.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g