Amy #9's Note:
Delicate, sophisticated flavors come together almost effortlessly with the help of miso, a Japanese staple. Active time: 10 min Start to finish: 25 min Servings: Makes 4 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons white miso (fermented soybean paste, not sweet or labeled "saikyo")
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb medium asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces sea bass fillets, with skin (1 inch thick)
- 1Preheat broiler. Lightly oil a 17- by 12-inch shallow baking pan.
- 2Whisk together miso, sugar, lemon juice, water, and pepper in a bowl.
- 3Toss together asparagus, oil, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- 4Arrange fish, skin sides down, in baking pan and spread miso mixture evenly on top. Arrange asparagus in 1 layer around fish and broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until fish is just cooked through and asparagus is crisp-tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miso-Glazed Sea Bass With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 1469.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 51.6 g