Recipe by Amy #9
Delicate, sophisticated flavors come together almost effortlessly with the help of miso, a Japanese staple. Active time: 10 min Start to finish: 25 min Servings: Makes 4 servings.
- 4 tablespoons white miso (fermented soybean paste, not sweet or labeled "saikyo")
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb medium asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces sea bass fillets, with skin (1 inch thick)
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Lightly oil a 17- by 12-inch shallow baking pan.
- Whisk together miso, sugar, lemon juice, water, and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss together asparagus, oil, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Arrange fish, skin sides down, in baking pan and spread miso mixture evenly on top. Arrange asparagus in 1 layer around fish and broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until fish is just cooked through and asparagus is crisp-tender, 8 to 12 minutes.