Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is superb on ahi or scallops to be grilled and served either on a salad or as a main course. Try it with the Pineapple Wasabi Aioli for dipping. Yum! It is enough for 2 good sized ahi steaks (3/4 pound total)or about 1/2 pound large scallops. Reserve an ounce to use as a baste during the grilling process to avoid cross contamination.
- 6 tablespoons sweet cooking mirin
- 3 tablespoons shoyu
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons trappy's cayenne pepper sauce (or any like kind)
- Mix all ingredients together; stir well and marinate ahi or scallops for 30 minutes. No longer or the acids will start to cook the fish.
- Reserve 1oz to use for basting while grilling.
- Sear ahi about 2-3 minutes each side over a medium high heat for a medium to medium rare cook.
I tried this with shrimp along with Pineapple Wasabi Aioli . I am looking forward to trying with Ahi. Thanks Carol! Made for PAC Spring '09