Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A quick and easy lasagna recipe - this has saved me many times. Recipe comes from my family cookbook but I'm not sure just which family member posted it originally.
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti or 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an 11 X 7X 1 1/2 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, egg and spinach in a bowl and mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce in bottom of pan. Top with 3 uncooked noodles, the ricotta cheese mixture, the grated parmesan cheese, and 1/3 of the sauce. Top with remaining uncooked noodles and remaining sauce.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes to let cheese melt.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Babs7, this was truly a miracle! It was so good and so easy. I used a homemede marinara sauce, and everything else as directed in the recipe.
I love this Lasagna. I've encouraged others to try it. It was so easy to make. Saves so much time and effort not cooking the noodles. I'd never have thought to make Lasagna because of all the time and effort, but this makes it easy. Thanks for sharing.
Made this for Zaar Alphabet Soup Game 2009. I did brown up some ground beef and a little turkey sausage I had left with some garlic and onion and added the mixture to the sauce. (DH likes meat.) Other than that I followed the directions and I did put it in an 8" x 8" dish. I have never used uncooked lasagna noodles before but the dish turned out fabulously and quite easy to do. Definately will make this again. I might add some mushrooms but thank you for a wonderful dish!