Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 (1 lb) eggplants
- 1 -2 small garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- Preheat broiler. Prick each eggplant all over with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning occasionally, until browned and softened, 45 to 55 minutes. They will be completely collapsed at this point.
- Turn eggplant into a colander set over a bowl and break apart with two forks. Let drain, flesh side down, until cool enough to handle.
- Remove eggplant to cutting board and with a spoon, scrape pulp from skin. Discard skin.
- In a food processor with metal blade attached, mince garlic. Add eggplant pulp, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini and salt. Pulse until smooth. Add mint and parsley and pulse until just combined. Turn into a bowl and serve. Can be refrigerated up to 3 days.