Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Hunters' Lodge, Broadway, Worcestershire
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 16 mint leaves
- 3⁄4 cup cream, stiffly whipped
- In a saucepan combine the apples, water, sugar, lemon juice and half the mint leaves.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the apples are soft. Puree mixture.
- Cool, refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, fold in the cream and serve in glass bowls decorated with the remaining mint leaves.
- Note: cooking time does not include cooling time.
My family want to give you 10 stars and my husband even beat the kids to the mixing bowl. A very easy dessert. 4 small serves, but plenty as this is a very rich dessert. We used two large Granny Smith apples and fresh mint from our garden. Made for Aus/NZ forum Recipe Swap October 2010. Photo also to be posted
I used prepared apple sauce to which I added a squeeze of lemon. This was very light and refreshing. Thanks.