Recipe by Recipe Junkie
The flavor of mint really perks up this meatloaf. This is a perfect main dish to welcome the onset of Spring when the weather is still cold, and comforting, hot meals are still very much in demand.
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 large white onions, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup minced of fresh mint or 3 teaspoons dried mint
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In butter, saute onions and garlic til soft.
- Place ground chuck in mixing bowl and add onions and garlic.
- Add eggs, water, bread crumbs, sweet peppers, tarragon, mint, salt, and pepper; mix well with your hands.
- Place ingredients in a baking dish and shape into a nice loaf.
- Sprinkle wheat germ on top and drizzle honey on top of wheat germ.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.