Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Thai-inspired side is superhealthy and low fat as well. Goes well with grilled chicken and ribs as a BBQ side dish.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (rice or wine)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 ounce mint leaf
- 1 small chili pepper, finely sliced
- Finely slice half of the cucumber into a large bowl. Cut the skin off the lime, then cut out the segments. Add these to the bowl and squeeze any juice out of the bit left in the middle. Add the vinegar and sugar, cover and leave in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, slice and add the remaining cucumber, the mint and the chili and toss together. Season with salt and a touch more vinegar if you like.
This is bright and refreshing with just a tiny kick. I just made it up all at one time.