Prep 1 min
Cook 7 mins
Oh this sounds so good and it is so easy to make. Courtesy of ALSKANN in the fall Cookbook Swap 2008. Recipe adopted from the Clean Living Magazine 2008. I love this magazine!
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 59.14 ml water, hot
- 118.29 ml ice
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 118.29 ml low-fat plain yogurt or 118.29 ml soy yogurt
- 7.39 ml flax seed oil
- 7.39 ml organic dark chocolate chips
- Steep mint tea in hot water for 5 minutes, Squeeze remaining from tea bag and discard.
- Add ice to tea. Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend on high until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a tall glass and serve.
WOW, what a great treat! So healthy, so delicious and quite satisfying, too! I loved the chocolate chips in this and the idea of using natural tea to flavour the shake. I used cocoa powder in place of the protein powder as I didnt have it, but added a few tbs of splenda to mask the bitterness.
Thank you so much for sharing this keeper with us, Chef1MOM~Connie! Ill make it again for sure, maybe trying out different flavours of tea.
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap March 2012.