Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this recipe link from an e-mail from Betty Crocker. My boss loves chocolate and mint. This will make a great birthday cake for him! Cook time includes time needed to freeze.
- 510.29 g chocolate cake mix (prepared as directed on box)
- 1419.54 ml ice cream, green mint-flavored with chocolate chips or 1419.54 ml chocolate, swirl slightly softened
- 354.88 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml powdered sugar
- 0.26 ml green food coloring
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms only of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans; line bottoms with waxed paper. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, butter and eggs. Spoon evenly into pans.
- 2. Bake as directed on box for 9-inch pans or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Remove waxed paper. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Line 9-inch round cake pan with foil. Spoon and spread ice cream evenly in pan. Cover with foil; freeze until completely frozen, about 2 hours.
- 4. On serving plate, place 1 cake layer with rounded side down. Remove ice cream from pan; peel off foil. Place on top of cake. Top with remaining cake layer, rounded side up.
- 5. In medium bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and food color on high speed until stiff peaks form. Frost side and top of cake with whipped cream. Freeze about 2 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.