Recipe by yooper
These wonderful shrooms are a speciality at the Arrowwood Resert in Alexandria, Minnesota. Wild rice is the key ingredient. Cook time includes the time to cook the wild rice.
Top Review by Vina
Oh, my, my, my!!! I can't wait to make these again--so easy, yet SO delicious. I made as directed with the only change being that I used a mix of mozzarella and freshly grated romano cheese, as that was what I had on hand. This is a real winner, Yooper! Thanks so much for posting it!
- 16 -24 large fresh button mushrooms (2 to 2 1/2 inches wide)
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup wild rice
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend or 3⁄4 cup shredded pizza cheese (3 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the wild rice, place it in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- Place the rice in a small saucepan and cover with 1 cup of water.
- Bring to boiling and reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer for about 50 minutes or till the wild rice is very tender.
- (Add more water, if needed, during the cooking.) Drain off any excess liquid and measure out 1 cup of wild rice.
- Rinse and drain the fresh mushrooms.
- Remove and discard the stems.
- Reserve the mushroom caps.
- For stuffing: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together stuffing mix and boiling water.
- Stir in cooked wild rice and cheese.
- Pile the stuffing into the mushroom caps.
- Arrange them in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till heated through.