1 hr 10 mins
These wonderful shrooms are a speciality at the Arrowwood Resert in Alexandria, Minnesota. Wild rice is the key ingredient. Cook time includes the time to cook the wild rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the wild rice, place it in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- 2Place the rice in a small saucepan and cover with 1 cup of water.
- 3Bring to boiling and reduce the heat.
- 4Cover and simmer for about 50 minutes or till the wild rice is very tender.
- 5(Add more water, if needed, during the cooking.) Drain off any excess liquid and measure out 1 cup of wild rice.
- 6Rinse and drain the fresh mushrooms.
- 7Remove and discard the stems.
- 8Reserve the mushroom caps.
- 9For stuffing: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together stuffing mix and boiling water.
- 10Stir in cooked wild rice and cheese.
- 11Pile the stuffing into the mushroom caps.
- 12Arrange them in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 13Bake, uncovered, in a 375 oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till heated through.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minnesota Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix
mozzarella-provolone cheese blend