Recipe by Tresa H.
Serve these at parties and they will be gobbled up fast! You can make the crust 2 days in advance and keep in refrigerator.
Top Review by cookiedog
I made these for dinner tonight and really enjoyed them. I didn't have any parmesan on hand so I just added a bit extra cheddar. Next time, I think I will reduce the mayonnaise just a tad. Believe me, there will be a next time for this one. Creamy, flavorful and filling! Thank you Tresa. Made for PAC 10.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 -8 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 3⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (ONLY USE GOOD QUALITY!....VERY IMPORTANT)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pie crust into circles,(you are going to be putting these into muffin tins -- use your best judgement on the size. I use a glass and usually get 7 from each pie crust).
- Place each circle of crust into sprayed muffin tin.
- Dock each crust with fork several times.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove pie crust from muffin tin and place on cookie sheet (this helps ensure they don't stick to the tin while cooking the next step).
- Place tomatoes in colander and set in the sink.
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain 15 minutes.
- Pat drained tomatoes lightly with paper towels.
- Fill each cup with a tablespoon of tomatoes, a little onion, a little bacon and a pinch of basil.
- Combine the cheeses and mayonnaise together.
- Spread mixture on top of tomatoes mounding it up.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in a 375 degree oven, or until top is slightly browned.