Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
I saw this on someone's blog and I had to get it down so I could try to make it next year...
- 12 cupcakes, prepared
- 226.79 g bagbrach's maple nut decorative candies
- 226.79 g can white frosting
- 141.74 g packageyellow gel food coloring
- 59.14 ml non-pareils (red or green)
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips or 118.29 ml butterscotch chips
- 340.19 g package cookies (any kind)
- 118.29 ml yellow frosting (for the 'plate')
- Bake and cool your favorite cupcake recipe.
- Place frosting on the cupcake and top each with a cookie while the frosting is soft to 'adhere' the cookie-plate to the cupcake.
- Slice the maple nut candies thin and layer them as 'turkey'.
- Dab some white frosting next to it for 'mashed potatoes' followed with a little dab of yellow gel food color as 'butter'.
- Melt your butterscotch or chocolate chips and thin with a little vegetable oil.
- Drizzle over the 'turkey' as gravy.
- Finish it off with the 'cranberries' (red colored sugar or non-perils) and little green 'peas' or 'beans'.
It may have been my blog! Here was one of the 2006 posts I did - http://www.housewifebarbie.com/2006/11/mini-thanksgiving-dinner-cupcakes.html I've made these for years - it's a family tradition. :)
Thanks for posting such an amazing recipe.